Friday, April 22, 2005

Pass the Brownies, But Hold the E-mail

Ok, so a British Journal is reporting that using e-mail actually makes you dumber. Apparently more dumberer than if you use pot (sorry for the gramatical errors, I've been using my e-mail a lot lately).

They also mention that e-mail has "an addictive, drug-like grip".

Ok.... I think what we need here is for congress to spring into action. We need a war on e-mail. I can see it now. Pushers with black berries or PDAs, standing on a corner. A dark car pulls up, "Hey buddy, want to forward a chain-letter about the Mrs. Fields cookie recipe?" Money is exchanged, the e-mail is sent. The user drives away, just a tad bit stoopider because he has used this mind numbing program.

Wow, that would make for an exciting television drama. The Geeks in the Hood.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Word up G! If using e-mail makes you dumb, well than...wait, I've lost my point. Anyhoo, e-mail is good; I check mine at least 56 times a day. It comprises most of my social life (because I am a geek in the cyber-hood).

Sylvana said...

That is so funny! I could totally see them doing that on Kids in the Hall (if only it were still around *sigh*).

Isaac Carmichael said...

Proper email etiquette: click, click, pass.