Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fiction Remix

It was about a week ago I put up a few of my short stories, and one of Jack London's, on a wiki. The Jack London story is getting quite a bit of attention. It appears that an English teacher has assigned his class to go in and mess around a bit. I find the changes they are making very interesting, and can't help but wonder if the student's aren't getting more out of London's story because they are helping to remix it. They are reproducing it, not just consuming it.

1 comment:

G. Parker said...

Hey Matthew! I read your beginning to Bullies don't have Armpits, and I have to tell you, the ending had me in stitches. My kids are going to love it. My husband was reading Chicken in The Headlights last night before going to bed and I had to laugh at HIM laughing. He was reading the transport of the chickens and goats to your house. Great stuff, and can't wait till the other is published. Have a good one!