Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Politics...

I usually don't post on things political, but I am today for two reasons. First - it is after all, the season of politics. Elections are coming up, mud and other brown substances are being slung and hitting the fan. It's a great time to open a newspaper and read.

The second reason I thought I'd post on politics is I came across a pretty good article written by Lou Dobbs over on cnn.com. I actually don't pay a lot of attention on what happens back in Washington because it gets to the point where it hurts my brain. But if you read only one article this political season, I would recomend the above article.

And then, if that article doesn't meet your quota for words read in a campaign, I would also highly recomend an older book by P. J. O'Rourke called Parliment of Whores. If I could pick one book to be used by all of the civics teachers across America, it would be that one. Although O'Rourke and I don't share the same political party, we share a lot of the same opinions when it comes to government. And the book is downright hilarious to boot.

No comments: