Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Project Complete

So, I've finished my second book, Bullies in the Headlights. I also found myself a bit burned out by the end, so I switched audiences, and with the help of a brother and sister-in-law, started and finished a second book. It's a short one, only 6000 words, but I'm excited about it. My own children loved it.

Anyway, I will be spending the next month tweaking, cleaning, and adding a bit of depth to both books, and then will submit them to the publisher to see what they say. This is a painful time for an author. You've just gone through months of labor, delivered a brand new book, and now the cold, hard publishing world is going to examine it in depth, and let you know if your baby is 'worth' to be published.

There will be much weeping, wailing, and curling up in the fetal position before this is all over.

No comments: